by Mauricio Amaya
Andean and original instrumentals and songs by Salvadoran /Atlantan Mauricio Amaya.
Elise sings duets with Mauricio on 4 songs in Spanish – El Arado (Victor Jara/Chile); El Salvador (Duo Gardabarranco/Nicaragua); Tierra y Amor (El Salvador); Todo Cambia (Julio Numhauser/Chile)
* Mauricio’s band “Vientos del Pueblo” (Winds of the People) also has several CDs.
A capella singing by a group of 13 Atlanta women, who vow to sing only for fun and enlightenment!
This CD is from a benefit concert for the Thomas Hauk Scholarship Fund Singers: Kate Hauk, Barbara Panter, Ann Whitley, Maurine Kilroy, Cis Hinkle, Merideth Northcutt, Janet Shepherd, Cis Hinkle, Harriette Bugel, Elise & Inge Witt, Jan & Leah & Chloe Smith
Becky Reardon & Terry Garthwaite
Imagine Laurie Anderson and Janis Joplin taking a turn from Starhawk and then from Dr. Seuss, and you’ll have some idea of the mad and moving musical adventures Garthwaite and Reardon create with rhythms inspired by the natural world. Elise sings on 4 of the cuts.
by Eric Litwin
Elise sings on 4 songs with Mr. Eric, author of the Pete the Cat song!
2007 The Children’s Music Web Award for Best Recording for Preschoolers – the only award that is chosen by children!
Volume One © 2007
Songs celebrating the Highlander Center’s 75 years of working for justice. Includes Elise’s song “Open the Window,” plus songs by Paula Larke, Guy & Candie Carawan, M.U.G.A.B.E.E., Rhea Scruggs, Tufara Waller Muhammad, Greg Miller & Yvette Preyer.
by Dave Holland
Elise sings “Dreamin’ Switch,” a lovely lullaby with steel pans on this new Cd by percussionist Dave Holland. Created with all drums/percussion and vocals, Drum-A-Bye Baby features world music style instrumentals and new, original songs inspired by Dave’s own personal experiences with his daughter. Each track is inspired by a different world music genre and over 100 instruments from around the world are featured on the project.
Pete Seeger called SOA Watch “the singin’est movement since Civil Rights!” Cultural workers have had a tremendous role in shaping the movement to close the School of the Americas. I am honored to be part of the Musicians’ Collective for SOA Watch, the movement to shut down the School of Assassins at Fort Benning GA. SOAW has just released Sing it Down: Songs to Close the SOA.
100% of the proceeds go towards the organizing work to close the SOA, and to change U.S. foreign policy.
Sing it Down! Volume 2: Songs to Close the SOA includes these great tracks:
1. Gonna Take Us All by Jon Fromer
2. Introduction (Excerpt from Archbishop Oscar Romero’s last homily)
3. Romero by Jolie Christine Rickman
4. One by One by emma’s revolution
5. The News, the Blues and the People by Charlie King and Karen Brandow
6. Mimi LaValley and 100 Nuns by Prince Myshkins
7. What This World Don’t Need by Maurice Turner, II / M.U.G.A.B.E.E.
8. Esperanza by Los Vicios de Papa
9. Manifiesto by Colleen Kattau
10. Broken Hands Play Guitar by Rebel Díaz
11. Crónica inmigrante by Quinto Imperio
12. Atrévate a soñar by Francisco Herrera
13. Taquirari de los vientos by Vientos del Pueblo
14. Open the Window by Elise Witt
15. Eyes Wide Open by Voices
16. Crossing Over by Joe Jencks
17. Everything Can Change by David Rovics
18. The Ballad of Roy Bourgeois by Steve Jacobs
19. Peace Becomes You by Holly Near
To order the Sing it Down CD, visit